Greetings & Welcome to the EMDR International Association
Virtual Basic EMDR Training
Starts on September 18th, Continues on 24 & 25; October 29 & 30, November 5 & 6; December 10 & 11, Ends on December 17, 2022.
About this Training
• The Virtual Basic EMDR Training is Approved by the EMDR International Association (www.emdria.org) and represents a departure from the traditional two-weekend training models with an innovative format.
• It is designed to lead the participants in a sequential and orderly learning experience emphasizing conceptual clarity, procedural details, and skill development through a combination of lectures, discussions, and video vignettes drawn from actual EMDR therapy sessions culminating in supervised practice.
• Effective learning is facilitated by pacing the training across 10 days on six weekends, spanning 12 weeks to avoid information overload (Total of 90 hours)
• Mandated Ten hours of Consultation is built into the Training
• Small group format limited to TEN participants provides for intensive discussions and didactic interactions with the instructor
• Participants will meet with each other in DYADS for four hours a week, during the 10 weeks of training implementing EMDR Therapy protocols & procedures with ongoing support (Total of 40 hours)
• Implementing EMDR Therapy in DYADS in concurrent practice during the course of training further consolidates skills & competencies